|Configuring a spa3000 or spa3102|
- Use the WAN port on the spa3102, even if you're only plugging in one ethernet port.
- Get firmware from Cisco. You can upload this to the spa3102 by putting it on a web server and then hitting http://SPA3102_IP/admin/upgrade?http://yourwebserver/firmware.bin.
- Then follow the instructions here.
- When you have problems with the dial plan, realize that Chris Yeoh has already solved this and go here.
- Finally, fix hangup detection by stealing the config line from here.
- Job done.
I've had a spa3000 for a long time and then it blew up. That meant I had to replace it with a spa3102, but without being able to refer to the configuration I had on the spa3000. It wasn't too bad, although the software on these devices is truly terrible (even with a modern firmware). Some pointers:
Of course, there's no way to backup the config on one of these devices, so I am sure I will be back here again.
Tags for this post: voip ata spa3000 spa3102 cisco linksys sip
Related posts: Setting up Cisco 7961 IP phones with asterisk; Configuring Asterisk; Using an Intel PCI modem as a FXO card; Slides from the NSLU2 talk at LUV; Debian bootstrap complete; Worst timing evar!
posted at: 16:26 | path: /voip | permanent link to this entry