|Specs for Kilo|
- Add instance administrative lock status to the instance detail results: review 127139 (abandoned).
- Add more detailed network information to the metadata server: review 85673.
- Add separated policy rule for each v2.1 api: review 127863.
- Add user limits to the limits API (as well as project limits): review 127094.
- Allow all printable characters in resource names: review 126696.
- Expose the lock status of an instance as a queryable item: review 85928 (approved).
- Implement instance tagging: review 127281 (fast tracked, approved).
- Implement tags for volumes and snapshots with the EC2 API: review 126553 (fast tracked, approved).
- Implement the v2.1 API: review 126452 (fast tracked, approved).
- Microversion support: review 127127.
- Move policy validation to just the API layer: review 127160.
- Provide a policy statement on the goals of our API policies: review 128560.
- Support X509 keypairs: review 105034.
- Enable the nova metadata cache to be a shared resource to improve the hit rate: review 126705 (abandoned).
- Enforce instance uuid uniqueness in the SQL database: review 128097 (fast tracked, approved).
- Initial specification: review 114044.
- Migrate the Docker Driver into Nova: review 128753.
- Implement support for FreeBSD networking in nova-network: review 127827.
- Allow volumes to be stored on SMB shares instead of just iSCSI: review 102190 (approved).
- Add config drive support: review 98930.
- Add ephemeral disk support to the VMware driver: review 126527 (fast tracked, approved).
- Add support for the HTML5 console: review 127283.
- Allow Nova to access a VMWare image store over NFS: review 126866.
- Enable administrators and tenants to take advantage of backend storage policies: review 126547 (fast tracked, approved).
- Enable the mapping of raw cinder devices to instances: review 128697.
- Implement vSAN support: review 128600 (fast tracked, approved).
- Support multiple disks inside a single OVA file: review 128691.
- Support the OVA image format: review 127054 (fast tracked, approved).
- Add a new linuxbridge VIF type, macvtap: review 117465 (abandoned).
- Add finetunable configuration settings for virtio-scsi: review 103797.
- Add large page support: review 129608 (approved).
- Add support for SMBFS as a image storage backend: review 103203.
- Allow scheduling of instances such that PCI passthrough devices are co-located on the same NUMA node as other instance resources: review 128344 (fast tracked, approved).
- Convert to using built in libvirt disk copy mechanisms for cold migrations on non-shared storage: review 126979 (fast tracked).
- Implement COW volumes via VMThunder to allow fast boot of large numbers of instances: review 128810 (abandoned); review 128813 (abandoned); review 128830 (abandoned); review 128845 (abandoned); review 129093 (abandoned); review 129108 (abandoned); review 129110 (abandoned); review 129113 (abandoned); review 129116.
- Implement configurable policy over where virtual CPUs should be placed on physical CPUs: review 129606.
- Implement support for Parallels Cloud Server: review 111335; review 128990 (abandoned).
- Implement support for zkvm as a libvirt hypervisor: review 130447.
- Improve total network throughput by supporting virtio-net multiqueue: review 128825.
- Quiesce instance disks during snapshot: review 128112.
- Support libvirt storage pools: review 126978 (fast tracked).
- Support quiesce filesystems during snapshot: review 126966 (fast tracked).
- Allow direct access to LVM volumes if supported by Cinder: review 127318.
- Allow portions of an instance's uuid to be configurable: review 130451.
- Dynamic server groups: review 130005.
- Move flavor data out of the system_metdata table in the SQL database: review 126620 (approved).
- Transition Nova to using the Glance v2 API: review 84887.
- Enable lazy translations of strings: review 126717 (fast tracked).
- Dynamically alter the interval nova polls components at based on load and expected time for an operation to complete: review 122705.
- Add an IOPS weigher: review 127123 (approved).
- Add instance count on the hypervisor as a weight: review 127871 (abandoned).
- Allow limiting the flavors that can be scheduled on certain host aggregates: review 122530 (abandoned).
- Convert the resource tracker to objects: review 128964 (fast tracked, approved).
- Create an object model to represent a request to boot an instance: review 127610.
- Decouple services and compute nodes in the SQL database: review 126895.
- Implement resource objects in the resource tracker: review 127609.
- Isolate the scheduler's use of the Nova SQL database: review 89893.
- Move select_destinations() to using a request object: review 127612.
- Provide a reference implementation for console proxies that uses TLS: review 126958 (fast tracked).
- Strongly validate the tenant and user for quota consuming requests with keystone: review 92507.
Here's an updated list of the specs currently proposed for Kilo. I wanted to produce this before I start travelling for the summit in the next couple of days because I think many of these will be required reading for the Nova track at the summit.
Tags for this post: openstack kilo blueprint spec nova
Related posts: How are we going with Nova Kilo specs after our review day?; One week of Nova Kilo specifications; Compute Kilo specs are open; Specs for Kilo; Juno nova mid-cycle meetup summary: slots; Juno nova mid-cycle meetup summary: nova-network to Neutron migration
posted at: 19:27 | path: /openstack/kilo | permanent link to this entry