|One week of Nova Kilo specifications|
- Add instance administrative lock status to the instance detail results: review 127139.
- Add more detailed network information to the metadata server: review 85673.
- Add separated policy rule for each v2.1 api: review 127863.
- Add user limits to the limits API (as well as project limits): review 127094.
- Allow all printable characters in resource names: review 126696.
- Implement instance tagging: review 127281.
- Implement tags for volumes and snapshots with the EC2 API: review 126553 (spec approved).
- Implement the v2.1 API: review 126452 (spec approved).
- Microversion support: review 127127.
- Move policy validation to just the API layer: review 127160.
- Support X509 keypairs: review 105034.
- Enable the nova metadata cache to be a shared resource to improve the hit rate: review 126705.
- Initial specification: review 114044.
- Implement support for FreeBSD networking in nova-network: review 127827.
- Allow volumes to be stored on SMB shares instead of just iSCSI: review 102190.
- Add ephemeral disk support to the VMware driver: review 126527 (spec approved).
- Add support for the HTML5 console: review 127283.
- Allow Nova to access a VMWare image store over NFS: review 126866.
- Enable administrators and tenants to take advantage of backend storage policies: review 126547 (spec approved).
- Support the OVA image format: review 127054.
- Add a new linuxbridge VIF type, macvtap: review 117465.
- Add support for SMBFS as a image storage backend: review 103203.
- Convert to using built in libvirt disk copy mechanisms for cold migrations on non-shared storage: review 126979.
- Support libvirt storage pools: review 126978.
- Support quiesce filesystems during snapshot: review 126966.
- Allow direct access to LVM volumes if supported by Cinder: review 127318.
- Move flavor data out of the system_metdata table in the SQL database: review 126620.
- Enable lazy translations of strings: review 126717.
- Add an IOPS weigher: review 127123 (spec approved).
- Allow limiting the flavors that can be scheduled on certain host aggregates: review 122530.
- Create an object model to represent a request to boot an instance: review 127610.
- Decouple services and compute nodes in the SQL database: review 126895.
- Implement resource objects in the resource tracker: review 127609.
- Move select_destinations() to using a request object: review 127612.
- Add instance count on the hypervisor as a weight: review 127871.
- Provide a reference implementation for console proxies that uses TLS: review 126958.
- Strongly validate the tenant and user for quota consuming requests with keystone: review 92507.
Its been one week of specifications for Nova in Kilo. What are we seeing proposed so far? Here's a summary...
Tags for this post: openstack kilo blueprints spec nova
Related posts: Compute Kilo specs are open; How are we going with Nova Kilo specs after our review day?; Specs for Kilo; Specs for Kilo; Thoughts from the PTL; Juno nova mid-cycle meetup summary: social issues
posted at: 03:27 | path: /openstack/kilo | permanent link to this entry