|Friday afternoon quiz question|
- Australia currently lacks a Source Forge mirror
- A Linux in Australia podcast anyone?
- Serving video of LUG meetings
- Serving a video archive of LCAs
- Offering static content hosting to popular Australian sites -- perhaps sites getting over 1,000,000 hits per month?
- An Australian distro of some form (why do we need another distro though?)
- ... you get the idea
So, here's a quiz question for you... Think of a project that requires a high bandwidth connection (as in lots of traffic served) that would benefit the open source community in Australia, and pitch it on your blog. Convince me that there is any interest in having a way to host interesting large traffic projects without going bankrupt. Here's some examples I can think of off the top of my head:
If you don't have a blog and want to contribute, then comment on this post and I'll publicise it for you (some moderation will occur). If you do have a blog and aren't on Planet Linux Aus, then please link to this post so I can see what you're suggesting.
Tags for this post: blog opensource host new project
Related posts: Juno nova mid-cycle meetup summary: slots; New Orleans and sea level; Introducing the online MythTV book; Project Aardvark unmasked!; Hmmm, this seems a little bit too much like a Police Academy movie to make me comfortable; We're 80% complete. If only we could get the code to compile we would be done!
posted at: 23:35 | path: /diary | permanent link to this entry