|Blathering for Tuesday, 15 July 2008|
15:30: Mikal shared: Teenager sets new Rubik's Cube world record | NEWS.com.au
- Have I mentioned that my sister in law is Australia's fastest rubiks cube solver? She's very good -- I can nearly solve the first to layers of the cube after only a few hours of tuition!
17:45: Mikal shared: ABC Canberra - Free public transport worth re-considering: Stanhope
- Canberra has a problem with not enough people using the bus network. That's probably because various governments over the years have cut back the service to the point where its kind of useless. I have a bus option to the city every 30 minutes on a weekday morning, but have to wait an hour for a bus on the weekend to get to the closest town center. I think Stanhope is on the right track by examining pricing for the bus system, but he also needs to roll out a more useful network as well. Oh, and light rail would be nice too. kthxbye.
21:45: Mikal shared: IPv6 routing history
- A graph of the number of unique prefixes in the IPv6 BGP "cloud". This is a measure of the number of networks currently using IPv6.
21:45: Mikal shared: Default-free zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- I hadn't heard the term DFZ (Default Free Zone) until recently, and today decided it was time to find a good definition. I think this one is as good as any, and its an interesting read.
23:15: Mikal shared: Chinese restaurant called TRANSLATE SERVER ERROR
- I dream of one day eating at that most remarkable of dining establishments: "translate server error".
posted at: 23:15 | path: /blather | permanent link to this entry